DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
"Boote,Kenneth J" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Apr 2013 16:40:30 +0000
Belay,

I'm not sure that you did a complete water balance.  You ignored the amount of water left over in the soil which could be less at the end of simulation than the start.  Please include those in your math for both models and then let us know what you found.

No, the DSSAT does not have water table effect in its default form.  Capillary rise is small, but that only from an already defined soil layer that is part of the stated amount of water in the soil.  So capillary rise could not do it either.

Ken Boote