DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Ken Boote <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Nov 1998 10:23:06 -0500
Heliodoro:

I'm not a potato modeler and am not familiar with the meaning of TC for the
potato model.

However, you have a good environment for testing temperature sensitivities.
 Use your mountains and elevation differences to give you temperature
differences at the same basic planting date, daylength and irradiance.  I'd
use at least three sites differing widely in temperature.  Of course this
presumes that you will have weather stations to measure at least daily
maximum and minimum temperature and that you can provide water to minimize
water deficits.

Good luck.
Ken Boote