DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Brian Baer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Apr 2000 08:55:49 -0400
At 10:12 PM 4/27/2000 -0500, Michael Pool wrote:
>     When I try to run an experiment I get the following message:
>
>run-time error M6103: Math
>floating point error: divide by zero
>
>I have not been able to figure out what the problem is.  Does anyone have a
>suggestion?

>this is a fortran error-message that means some value shall be devided by
>zero - impossible. May be you gave some input data by "0" that is not allowed.
>
>All the best.
>
>Peter Schoop, Germany

While Peter's answer is correct, there are some more specific things you
might want to look at:

In your OVERVIEW.OUT file check to see that the inputs that are shown at
the top of the file are the same as you put in your input file.  The
Fortran code used in the model is very sensitive to having exactly the
correct format.  The first number I would check would be planting population.

If the program is running for a number of days before you get the divide by
zero error I would check the weather file for a couple of days around where
the model crashes.  I would be on the look out for solar radiation of 0.0.

Brian

P.S.  Perhaps when you have an error it might help the group to know which
model/analysis tool you are using.

Brian Baer                           [log in to unmask]
CSS Dept, Michigan State University  (517) 353-8537 (voice)
574 Plant and Soil Science Building  (517) 353-8538 (fax)
East Lansing, MI  48824-1325         http://nowlin.css.msu.edu