DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 09:01:32 +0100
Dear Jim
My own experience in the 1960's and 1970's with Bellani radiometers were
that they wererather finicky and needed individual calibration. As far as
net radiometers go, the Funk tyoe (CSIRO) are pretty good, but need daily
supervision and something to scare off the birds. Some enterprising fellows
even put a circular wire on the same plane as the element around it, but far
enough so that the birds couldn't peck the spheres and they made it slack so
that the wire would give way and not supply a decent perch for the birds.
Louis du Pisani