DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Uday Khodke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 12:21:54 +0530
Dear Sir,

----- Original Message -----
From: Gerrit Hoogenboom <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>

> Uday and others:

> Residue material and other organic fertilizers are handled through the
> residue/organic fertilizer section of the models.

Thank you very much for the above suggestion and your interest. Yes this is
correct. I wanted to confirm whether I am going correctly in input file
creation.

My doubt is whether I can use residue information window when I have
fertilizer input in the form of Solid wastes(organic as sewage sludge and
inorganic as fly ash).

For organic waste like sewage sludge this may be done as suggested by you
through
" models" , "create", crop of interest then selecting experiment. In the
menu of management there is "residue". Through this section  organic
fertilizers or crop residue can be handled.

Similarlly, what will you suggest if I am incorporating fly ash in the soil
which is an inorganic residue/fertilizer.

> Gerrit Hoogenboom

Uday Khodke