DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Uday Khodke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 22:35:52 +0530
Dear Members,

I am using DSSAT 3.5 for peanut growth simulation. In "Simulation control": "Methods" if I want to use FAO- Penman method for evaporation estimation how to prepare weather file. Under this situation in addition to solar rad., minimum & maximum air temp and precipitation, additional information on daily mean relative humidity(%) and daily average wind speed(km/d)(as mentioned in DSSAT manual Vol 2 ET calculations page 182) is needed. I have Maximum and minimum RH and wind speed data.

In weather file format there is column for WIND(wind run), PAR( photosynthetic active radiation) and DEWP(dew point temperature) but I could not find the column for relative humidity. Instead the column for dew point temperature is present(DSSAT manual Vol 2, page 42). Please guide how to prepare the weather file if method option is FAO-Penman.

Thanks.

Uday Khodke
Department of Agricultural & Food Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology,
Kharagpur- 721 302
India
Email: [log in to unmask]