DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Robin Matthews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 May 2013 16:26:52 +0000
Please pass on the following advertisement for a position we are hoping to fill to anyone you think might be interested. Apologies for cross-posting.

Information and Computational Sciences
ECOSYSTEM MODELLER

Salary £27,792 - £29,566 / £35,282 - £37,534 per annum *

We are seeking an experienced Ecosystem Modeller to contribute to our environmental sustainability research programme.  By developing links with empirical scientists and other modellers working at a range of scales, both within the James Hutton Institute and with external national and international research groups, you will make your mark by furthering our understanding of the impacts of climate, management and land use change on above- and below-ground carbon and nutrient dynamics in both semi-natural and agricultural systems.  An important role will be in the development and evaluation of innovative land management strategies to directly contribute to GHG emission reduction targets, and in providing relevant evidence to policy makers.

The successful candidate should have a PhD directly relevant to simulation modelling, demonstrable experience in modelling vegetation and soil processes and a track record of high quality scientific publications in this area.  Expertise in spatial analysis and experience in interdisciplinary working and interacting with external stakeholders would all be advantageous.

* For appointment at the higher grade evidence of the ability to attract external research funding is required.

This post is based in Aberdeen but there may be a requirement to travel between sites.

Further information is available from www.hutton.ac.uk/careers<http://www.hutton.ac.uk/careers>. To apply please submit a covering letter and CV, (including the names and addresses of 3 referees one of which must be your current or most recent employer) by e-mail to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or by post to HR Office Dundee, Invergowrie, Dundee, DD2 5DA  by Friday 7 June 2013.  Please quote reference number JHI 25-13 in all correspondence.

The James Hutton Institute
T: 0844 928 5428•

This email is from the James Hutton Institute, however the views

expressed by the sender are not necessarily the views of the James Hutton

Institute and its subsidiaries. This email and any attachments are confidential and

are intended solely for the use of the recipient(s) to whom they are addressed.

If you are not the intended recipient, you should not read, copy, disclose or rely on

any information contained in this email, and we would ask you to contact the

sender immediately and delete the email from your system.  Although the James

Hutton Institute has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present

in this email, neither the Institute nor the sender accepts any responsibility for any

viruses, and it is your responsibility to scan the email and any attachments.

The James Hutton Institute is a Scottish charitable company limited by guarantee.

Registered in Scotland No. SC374831

Registered Office: The James Hutton Institute, Invergowrie Dundee DD2 5DA.

Charity No. SC041796