DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Aris Gerakis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 1997 10:32:34 -0800
Deaar Hiroshi:

Here is my testing of the CERES water balance with water table management
and a new pestide component:

Gerakis, A.  1994.  Simulation and measurement of atrazine and nitrate
losses as influenced by water table management.  Ph. D. diss. Michigan
State Univ., E. Lansing.  214 p.

Gerakis, A., and J. T. Ritchie.  In press.  The CERES model as a Tool to
Aid Water Table Management in Relation to Pesticide Leaching.  Journal of
Environmental Management.

The second one will be published sometime this winter.  If you need a
reprint of any of these, let me know.

At 05:26 PM 12/7/97 -0800, you wrote:
>Hello DSSATers,
>
>Crop processes of the CERES models, such as phenology, yield, DM
>accumulation and N uptake, have been tested by quite a few number of
>studies. But, I found only a small number of experimental validations for
>the soil processes submodels, including the N transformation, N leaching,
>water balance and temperature submodels. A list of the references is as
>below.
>  Does anyone know other references which tested soil processes submodels
>of the CERES models?
>
><LIST>_______________________________________
>BOWEN WT; JONES JW; CARSKY RJ; QUINTANA JO.
>      EVALUATION OF THE NITROGEN SUBMODEL OF CERES-MAIZE FOLLOWING LEGUME
GREEN
>    MANURE INCORPORATION.
>      AGRONOMY JOURNAL, 1993 JAN-FEB, V85 N1:153-159.
>GABRIELLE B; KENGNI L.
>      ANALYSIS AND FIELD-EVALUATION OF THE CERES MODELS SOIL COMPONENTS -
>    NITROGEN TRANSFER AND TRANSFORMATIONS.
>      SOIL SCIENCE SOCIETY OF AMERICA JOURNAL, 1996 JAN-FEB, V60 N1:142-149.
>GABRIELLE B; MENASSERI S; HOUOT S.
>      ANALYSIS AND FIELD EVALUATION OF THE CERES MODELS WATER BALANCE
>    COMPONENT.
>      SOIL SCIENCE SOCIETY OF AMERICA JOURNAL, 1995 SEP-OCT, V59
N5:1403-1412.
>QUEMADA M; CABRERA ML.
>      CERES-N MODEL PREDICTIONS OF NITROGEN MINERALIZED FROM COVER CROP
>    RESIDUES.
>      SOIL SCIENCE SOCIETY OF AMERICA JOURNAL, 1995 JUL-AUG, V59
N4:1059-1065.
>Quemada, M; Cabrera, ML; McCracken, DV.
>     Nitrogen release from surface-applied cover crop residues: Evaluating
the
>   CERES-N submodel.
>     AGRONOMY JOURNAL, 1997 SEP-OCT, V89 N5:723-729.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Hiroshi HASEGAWA
>  Department of Agronomy and Range Science
>  University of California at Davis
>  Davis, CA 95616
>  Phone; 916-752-2763 (Office)
>  FAX;   916-752-4361 (Department)
>  Email; [log in to unmask]

Aris Gerakis
Dept. of Crop and Soil Sciences                 Voice: (517) 353 8537
Plant  and  Soil Sciences  Bldg.                F a x: (517) 353 8538
Michigan    State    University
East Lansing,   MI 48824 - 1325