DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Gerrit Hoogenboom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 16:49:02 -0500
Michael :

The code for missing weather data is indeed -99.  However, before you run
the model, I recommend that you estimate the values of your missing data,
using WeatherMan or other weather data utilities.  The models are not
equipped to handle missing data and will calculate erroneous results.  The
latest versions of the models will stop as soon as they reach a "-99" value
and will prompt you to fix the data.

I highly recommend that you upgrade to DSSAT v3.5.

Thank you for your interest,

Regards,

Gerrit

At 03:36 PM 2/11/99 -0600, Michael Pool wrote:
>    I am using DSSAT 2.1.  I am importing historical weather data
>(1946-1993) as ASCII files and there is some missing data. Is the code
>for missing data in this situation "-99"?  If not what do I need to use?
>
>--
>Michael Pool
>Austin Community College
>Anthropology Department

Gerrit Hoogenboom
Associate Professor
Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering
The University of Georgia
Griffin, Georgia 30223-1797, USA

Phone:  770-229-3438
Fax:    770-228-7218