DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
pdeproost <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 15:08:03 +0200
As I am working on an irrigation strategy for green beans in Belgium, I am
using the CROPGRO-dry bean model to simulate crop growth and water balance
under different conditions .

However, some difficulties occured in defining the ecotype and genotype of
our local cultivars.  I tried to adapt the specific coefficients of the
ecotype and genotype, but I didn't obtain good results yet. It 's necessary
to have a very detailed knowledge about the crop characteristics because
they have a big influence on the simulation. As I am missing such detailed
information, I wondered if other researchers in Europe are dealing with the
same subject. What I would like to know is which of the ecotypes or
genotypes correspond most with the cultivars in our region, or which values
can be used for the coefficients. Possibly, someone has already calibrated
the model to use it in European conditions.

I'm hoping that I can reach in this way someone with more experience or
information about the practical use of the dry bean model (more specific in
Europe).

Thanking you in advance, I remain

Petra Deproost
Soil Service of Belgium