DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Jinzhong Yang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 08:19:14 -0500
Dear members,

I am using DSSAT35 for simulating the rainfed growth of soybean in coastal plain soil in Virginia. I have soil moisture measured before planting so I prefer starting simulation at the time "when inital conditions measured." to other "Suggested codes."   But, whenever I set Header START(Start of Simulation, code) as "I"(I=When initial conditions measured) and leave SDATE as blank in "Line 1: General" in Simulation Controls Section in FILEX, the model will always take "Jan. 0, 1900" as  simulation start date no matter what is the actual experiment year , even though if I set Header START as "P" and leave SDATE as blank in "Line 1: General" in Simulation Controls Section in FILEX, the running of the  model will prove successful. This means that "I" as "Suggested codes" doesn't work as expected.

Can you help please?

Jinzhong Yang, Ph.D

Dept. of Crop and Soil Envir. Sciences

Virginia Tech