DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
"Toit, Andres D." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 08:33:46 -0500
Hallo Harikrishna
Regarding P2, because the photoperiod is less than 12.5 hr during the
cropping period, P2 will have no influence on the simulation. For your study
use a P2 value of 0 for your study. A word of caution if you start using
this particular cultivar in areas where the photoperiod exceed 12.5 hours
you need to recalibrate for P2.

As you have indicated you already have run sensitivity analysis, how much
difference is their between the simulated and measured yields if  both the
nitrogen and water simulations is turn off. Then turn the water simulation
on and the nitrogen simulation off and repeat the process. This will give
you an indication why the predictive yield is lower than the measured
yields. With both water an N simulation turned on look at the N and water
stress indicators in overview.out, this will also indicate where the problem
is.

Hope this help

Regards
Andre