DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
ken boote <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jan 2004 08:55:50 -0500
Anwar,

Overestimation with zero N fertilization should be mostly attributed to how
well the the soil organic matter model functions.  The other possibility is
that the crop has too much root length density (and depth) and/or allows
too much N uptake.

What soil organic matter option did you use (the newly-added Century option
or the former Godwin Papran option)?  I have found the DSSAT-CENTURY option
to overestimate N mineralization for one maize experiment here in Florida,
but that is just one small test.

Let's request feedback from DSSAT developers who may have tested the N
mineralization of the new DSSAT-CENTURY organic matter mineralization
option?  Arjan?  Walter?  Bill? Tony? U. Singh?  What do you think?

Thanks,
Ken Boote