DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
jagan TNAU <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
jagan TNAU <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 May 2011 07:46:19 +0530
Dear all,

I am really thankfull for Kenneth Boote for his suggestion on CO2 simulation
in CO2. But with lot of experiments I am unable to get diiference for
increased CO2 level in potato using file type experiment for potato. I found
there are three experiments involving CO2 GAGR0201.MZX and GAGR0201.SBX from
Envitron study using Maize and soybean and AZMC8901.COX form FACE experiment
using Cotton.

I have run both envitron experiment but I found only 0 Kg in the results
While the FACE experiment in cotton showed the difference in yield. I don't
know why this happening in in envitron study. In fact in Soybean and Cotton
experiments the CO2 simulation option is deleted from the experiment file.

I tried using seasonal file and I found there exists some difference for
levels of CO2. In Rice and Maize the enrichment of CO2 brings good
improvement in yield upto certain levels of CO2 but the difference is only
minor in potato and trend for future is only decreasing for all the level of
CO2 starting from 430ppm (+50/decade) to 830ppm.

My review of research work showed some scientist obtained no yield increase
for increased level of CO2 in potato. Is that I have to conclude that CO2
enrichment had no influence on potato.

I resquest the suggestions of DSSAT users in this regard.

--
With regards

Dr.R.Jagannathan
Professor of Agronomy,
Department of Agronomy
Tamil Nadu Agricultural University,
Coimbatore - 641 003 India

PHONE:  Mob: +91 94438 89891

DO NOT PRINT THIS E-MAIL UNLESS NECESSARY. THE ENVIRONMENT CONCERNS US ALL.