DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Ken Boote <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jul 1998 09:19:53 -0400
Andre:

I don't know any vendors of equipment, but I do know that Lowry Harper,
USDA-ARS, Watkinsville, GA, works on NH4 compensation point of crop
canopies.  It appears that crop canopies can efflux ammonia from their
leaves when internal ammonium is high and temperature is high.  On the
other hand, canopies can also absorb ammonia from the atmosphere if their
internal ammonium status is low.  This compensation point works much like
the CO2 compensation point.  This is as a gas.  I suppose that P and K are
particulate, so find out about dust traps and filters.

Ken Boote