DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
James Hansen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 16:44:20 -0400
Dear Colleagues,

I need some help or literature on solar radiation instrumentation.  In
particular, I need to convert daily irradiance measurements from a
spherical (Bellani) net radiometer to global irradiance normal to a
horizontal surface for crop simulation applications in Southern India.
Intuitively, the response to diurnal and seasonal changes in solar
angles will clearly be different between a spherical and a flat sensor.
I assume that someone has worked out and validated an algorithm for
converting between the two sensor shapes.  I will be grateful for your
help.

Regards,
--
Dr. James W. Hansen
Associate Research Scientist - Agricultural Systems

845-680-4410 (voice)
845-680-4864 (fax)

Please note that the IRI area code 914 is changing to 845. If you
experience difficulty with 845, 914 will work through 31 December 2000.