DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Stuart Rymph <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2006 09:33:54 -0500
Bahram,

What errors are you getting?  If the problem is a bad weather record,
usually you get a line number that will tell you where the problem is -
go to that line and fix the problem and look for similar problems
farther down the file.  If the problem is in line 1 then the problem
could be the weather data file or your weather station data isn't
correct or possibly even that your weather data file isn't named correctly.

You mentioned processing the data based on manual DSSAT4 - did you try
the help system in WeatherMan?
Click on the Weather Data button on the left side of the DSSAT4 screen.
This opens WeatherMan.  Click on the "Help" button in the top menu in
the WeatherMan window.  Click on "Contents" - this opens the help file
for WeatherMan.  The part concerning importing data from Excel is
covered in  "Importing and Creating Datasets"  section but read the rest
of the help file so that you set up your weather station file correctly.

 If this doesn't work, and you know it is the weather file that is
causing the problems, find a weather data file that works and compare it
to your file.  Make sure that all of your data values are reasonable
(compare to the "good file, they should be somewhere close in magnitude,
look for -99 or other erroneous data).  Using a text editor such as
Notepad or UltraEdit, open your weather file.  Then paste the header and
first few rows of data from the "good" weather file into the top of your
file.  Check to make sure that your header is formatted correctly and
that all of the numbers are in the correct columns - everything should
line up exactly under the values from the "good file".  Once you get
everything checked and in the correct columns, delete the "good" file
data from the top of your weather file and save your weather data.

Stu

--
The Ag Guy, LLC
Stuart Rymph, Ph.D., CCA - Wisconsin and Northeast Regions