DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
MATTHEW JONES <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
MATTHEW JONES <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 2008 07:58:09 +0200
Hi Carlos,

Regarding 1., try the following:
a.) Refresh XBuild - click on the 'refresh' menu and then click OK.  This will update weather stations, soils, etc.
b.) Did you remember to click on the 'Write files' button in WeatherMan?  Open the weather station, click on the Save icon, then click on the 'Write files' button.  I usually choose the 'yearly files' and 'DSSAT format' options on this screen.

Regarding question 2., I recommend doing all your editing in Excel; save as tab-delimited or comma-delimited text, and import this into DSSAT using WeatherMan.

Good luck,
Matthew Jones

Scientific Programmer
South African Sugarcane Research Institute
Mount Edgecombe
tel: +27 31 508 7441
fax: +27 31 508 7597
mobile: +27 84 622 1000

>>> "Berna Esteban, Carlos" <[log in to unmask]> 03/04/2008 06:34 PM >>>
Hi everyone,

I am facing two little issues when working with Weatherman:

1.                          I have created a weather station importing
raw data. But this new weather station is not appearing in the 'Weather
Station' list within XBuilder so I cannot select it. Any idea why this
is happening? Might I missing something here?

2.                          Is there any faster way of editing an
existing weather station than the manual one? (for instance, when I need
to edit a whole year rain data)

Comments are welcome.

Cheers,

Carlos