DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Myles Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Myles Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Jun 2011 17:57:12 -0500
Hi, List (and Gerritt),

I am trying to look at the effects of climate change for 2020 and 2050 for
various crops in Colombia and Central America for selected sites. I use
WorldClim and CIAT's interpolation of the IPCC set of GCMs within DIVA-GIS
to extract the monthly data for the current and the future. I then use
MarkSim to generate 99 years of daily weather data for input to DSSAT (ver
4.5). So far, so good.

To simplify the extraction of comparisons of yields now and in the future, I
would like to run the data for now, 2020, and 2050 in the same DSSAT run. It
would be simpler if I could use the same basic WSTA name. I have tried
naming the weather files as NAME0101.WTG to NAME9901.WTG and NAME0102.WTG to
NAME9902.WTG and on the *FIELDS line specifying:
*FIELDS
@L ID_FIELD WSTA....
 1 NAME0001 NAME0101
 2 NAME0002 NAME0102

 DSSAT runs the first set (NAME0101) of 99 years OK, but only the first year
of the second set (NAME0102) with the diagnostic in WARNING.OUT for the
second and subsequent years:
 IPWTH   YEAR DOY = 2002  90
 Weather record not found for YR DOY: 2002
90
   C:\DSSAT45\WEATHER\GEN\NAME0102.WTG

That is, DSSAT finds the data for the first year of the second set, but not
for the subsequent 98 years. I tried to specify the two fields as separate
simulations (SM 1 and SM 2) but with the same result.

Of course, I can run the data for the three scenarios separately, store the
output in different folders and combine them subsequently, but I would
prefer to do it in one run if I can. I cannot find any clue of how to do
this in the documentation. Is there a solution, or must I go the route I
just outlined?

Cheers.

Myles Fisher
Emeritus Scientist
Centro Internacional de Agricultura Tropical CIAT
Cali, Colombia