DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Gerrit Hoogenboom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Apr 1998 11:29:35 -0400
Dr. Guerena :

Currently seed weight is not an input variable for the CERES models.  The
model therefore uses the average seed weight at harvest to define planting
material weight.  Following your message we discussed using individual seed
weight or seed size as an input variable in the new species file of the
CERES models.

DWAP is really only an output variable in the current models and is used to
define the help calculate the total input cost for seeds at planting in the
analysis programs of DSSAT.

I hope that this helps answer your question.

Regards,

Gerrit Hoogenboom

At 05:08 PM 4/13/98 +0200, Arantxa Gueren/a Tomas wrote:
>Dear list members,
>
>When I run DSSAT for barley during ten years, I do not understand why in the
>summary output file under the DWAP (planting material weight) column there
>is assigned  a different value for each year, even though the experiment
>file defines the same planting material for every year. What does exactly
>mean this  value? We are making comparisons between years and it is a
>problem for us if we can not stablish the same start conditions.
>
>Any help will be really appreciated.
>
>Arantxa Guerena
>Arantxa Gueren/a Tomas
>Dpto. de Produccion Vegetal: Fitotecnia
>E.T.S.I. Agronomos. Universidad Politecnica de Madrid
>Avda. Complutense, s/n
>E-28040 Madrid. Spain
>Tlf.: (34 1) 549 11 22
>Fax:  (34 1) 544 99 83
>e-mail: [log in to unmask]

Gerrit Hoogenboom
Associate Professor
Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering
The University of Georgia
Griffin, Georgia 30223-1797, USA

Phone:  770-229-3438 (New !)
Fax:    770-228-7218