DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Jans Bobert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 15:28:20 +0200
Dear Yonghui,

whenever you work with ArcView, you have a good chance to encouter the
"violation segmentation" error.
There seem to be many possible sources for the error.
According to my experience it often helps to use an empty working directory
for the ArcView data.

Some advices to get rid of the problem you can find here:
http://www.hbp.usm.my/itsupport/segmentation_violation.htm

Hope that helps !
Greetings Jans

At 08.22 16.06.1995, you wrote:
>Dear All,
>
>I am trying to simulate crop water use in spatial using AEGISWIN software
>inside the DSSAT35. The problem is that everytime I  opened the
>AEGISWIN.APR, I encountered a "segmentation violation"  problem. Does
>anyone have the similar problem before? How do you solve the problem? It
>seems to me that the problem was possibly caused by the creat
>datedirectories but I have no idea how to solve the problem. Your help is
>appreciated.
>

>Best wishes,
>
>Yonghui Yang.

Jans Bobert