DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Ken Boote <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2006 15:54:02 -0400
Heidi,

I agree with the comments of Gerrit Hoogenboom.  Be sure you have
Nitrogen balance "ON".  If you ask for no N stress or no N balance, then
the LAI will be high and not very limited.

Let me respond on the SLAVR question.  In addition to creating lower
SLAVR (to reduce LAI), there are some other possibilities.   Some common
bean cultivars are truly determinate types.  If so, you need to have a
fairly small value for both FLLF and FLVS.

Ken Boote