DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
"Henein, Steven" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2007 10:09:19 -0600
Good day sir. This is Steve Henein from Agriculture Canada. I have some concerns with regards to the DSSAT model. Our problem is somewhat puzzling. My study advisor Dr. Aston Chipanshi has handed me yet another experiment that he was able to run on DSSAT 3.5 with the correct yields. I took that same experiment and entered everything exactly the same. When I go to run the model, the yields are far from desirable. I then called Mr. Hunt yesterday and he told me to change the MF variable in the treatment section of the X file from 0 to 1. This resulted in the experiment to recognize the fertilizer that has been applied. He then instructed me to toggle the appropriate variable in the treatment section that would activate the moisture in the soil. I have entered the appropriate soil moisture levels in the XBuild under Initial conditions heading. I have also found the initial conditions variable in the treatments heading and changed that to 1. None of these new changes have changed the yields to what they should be.

Sir I need some help. Could you please e-mail me or give me a call at your earliest connivance.

Thank you
Steve

Stephanos Mitchell Henein B.Sc, B.A
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada/Agriculture et Agroalimentaire Canada
GIS Analyst & Support
Telephone/Téléphone: 306-780-6567
Facsimile/Télécopieur: 306-780-5018
1800 Hamilton Street, Suite 408
Regina, Saskatchewan
S4P4L2

 Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada - Agriculture et Agroalimentaire Canada