DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
John Roy Porter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Mar 2007 21:07:43 +0100
dear Arjan

it is called 'The Physiology of Crop Yield' by RKM Hay and JR Porter - published in 2006 by Blackwells.

best wishes

John R Porter

John R Porter DSc
Professor of Agroecology
Environment, Resources and Technology,
Faculty of Life Sciences
The University of Copenhagen
Hoejbakkegaard Alle 9
2630 Taastrup DENMARK

email: [log in to unmask]
vox: +45 3528 3377/3375
fax: +45 3528 3384
mobil: +45 2652 1484

Address from March 1 to April 15 2007
c/o Department of Ecology and Biosecurity
PO Box 84
Lincoln University
Lincoln 7647
Canterbury
New Zealand

.....Credeamus vita non ioca est...
>>> "Gijsman, Arjan J. (CIAT)" <[log in to unmask]> 03/24/07 3:07 PM >>>
Hi John,

You refer to chapter 9 in a book that you suggested earlier, but which book is this?

Thanks,
Arjan

when you said you were doing an experiment I assumed you were growing real plants not virtual ones! I reallly suggest you learn about crop development in order to make sensible choices rather than just guess some new parameters that make your data fit. This is just curve fitting. I suggest you read chapter 9 of the book i suggested and look at the references therein.

best wishes

John R Porter

John R Porter DSc
Professor of Agroecology
Environment, Resources and Technology,
Faculty of Life Sciences
The University of Copenhagen
Hoejbakkegaard Alle 9
2630 Taastrup DENMARK

email: [log in to unmask]
vox: +45 3528 3377/3375
fax: +45 3528 3384
mobil: +45 2652 1484

Address from March 1 to April 15 2007
c/o Department of Ecology and Biosecurity
PO Box 84
Lincoln University
Lincoln 7647
Canterbury
New Zealand

.....Credeamus vita non ioca est...
>>> luo yi <[log in to unmask]> 03/22/07 11:28 PM >>>
Hi Steve,

Which version of DSSAT are you using? In DSSAT4.0, you can find the
parameters P1, P2, .... Adjust them, you can extend the growth period.

In the .ECO file,
! P1      Duration of phase end juvenile to double ridges (PVTU)
! P2      Duration of phase double ridges to end leaf growth (Leaf units or
TU)
! P3      Duration of phase end leaf growth to end spike growth (LU or TU)
! P4      Duration of phase end spike growth to end grain fill lag (TU)

Good Luck.

Luo Yi

On 3/23/07, Henein, Steven <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hello everyone I'm wondering if anyone knows of how to adjust the length
> of growth of wheat. My current experiment has my maturity date at 71 days,
> does anyone know how I can extend that to at least 100?
>
> Thanks
> Steve
>
> Stephanos Mitchell Henein B.Sc, B.A
> Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada/Agriculture et Agroalimentaire Canada
> GIS Analyst & Support
> Telephone/Téléphone: 306-780-6567
> Facsimile/Télécopieur: 306-780-5018
> 1800 Hamilton Street, Suite 408
> Regina, Saskatchewan
> S4P4L2
>
> Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada - Agriculture et Agroalimentaire Canada

Dr. Luo Yi, Professor
Ecohydrological Model Development and Integrated Watershed Management

Institute of Geographic Science and Natural Resources Research(IGSNRR)
Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS)
Datun Road, Anwai, Chaoyang District, 100101, Beijing, China

[log in to unmask], www.laol.fotoyard.net
+86-10-64888920 (Tel. & fax), Cell: 13501312277