DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
vasiraju murthy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2007 07:24:45 +0530
Dear MISAEL R. ARVIZU,

Regards and best wishes,

I confirm the suggestion of Roger E.Rivero, a practical and operational
agrometeorologist.However, if you could kindly give me the objective of your
experiment then i will give further steps------ like Helio Thermal Units
(HTU) , Photo Thermal Units (PTU) that would be of more useful and  which we
adopt VERY COMMONLY in tropical climates to predict pests,  diseases, yield
etc., of field crops.Every Indian agrometeorologist that i know works on
GDD, HTU, PTU and contributed immensely for this science.

Murthy.

>From: "Roger E. Rivero Vega" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: TEMPERATURE TO GDD
>Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 18:34:31 -0500
>
>Dear MIsael:
>
>The use of (Tmax+Tmin)/2 has been so common among agrometeorologists and
>modelers that I think you better use that because most of the calibrations
>and adjustments in models have been done using that formulation.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Roger

Spice up your IM conversations. New, colorful and animated emoticons. Get
chatting! http://server1.msn.co.in/SP05/emoticons/