DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
vasiraju murthy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
vasiraju murthy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2011 10:56:13 +0530
Dear Maha,

Regards and best wishes,

Thank you for the kind mail.I wish to know from you for what purpose you need future scenarios of weather.

By definition "Weather is defined as the state or condition of the atmosphere at a particular place and given instant of time" where as the climate is "generalized weather or summation of weather conditions over a given region during comparatively longer period".

Therefore, please take up any method such a way that at least by and large the method takes the above basic principle into consideration.

My request: You are a Ph.D student!

Also, in my experience i wish to state that/ suggest you that please do
consider past weather and its effects/influence/ impact also to give any conclusions from your Ph.D work.

1.Please do not hesitate to write to me the objectives of your study
2.Kindly note that i proved over the years that "It is not only the future "climate" or "weather"that is important but also the "past weather" which is very /equally important for agricultural crops

Example:4 days of  cloudy weather coupled with fall in temperature , 1-3 degree centigrade,   causes sucking pests on many agricultural crops during the vegetative stage.    remember ------     "THIS IS PAST WEATHER" ------

God bless you in all your endeavours for a very good Ph.D work.

Sincerely,

Murthy.