DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Gerrit Hoogenboom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 1997 13:08:00 -0400
This position was just posted at the the agmodels list.  Sorry for the cross
posting if you already received it.

GH

 Mon, 25 Aug 1997 10:30:02 -0600
>From: Jon Hanson <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Modeling Position--Correction
>Sender: Agmodels-L Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>This is a repeat of the job description I sent last week.  Unfortunately,
>Dr. Gary Peterson's e-mail was not complete.  This is the corrected
>announcement.  If you have difficulty with this address, please send your
>application material to me and I will send it to Dr. Peterson.  Thanks for
>your patience.
>
>A position is open for a Crop Simulation Modeling Postdoctoral Scientist.
> The position is joint between Colorado State University and the USDA, ARS,
>Great Plains Systems Research Unit, in Fort Collins, Colorado.  The
>position description is as follows:
>Postdoctoral Scientist-Crop Simulation Modeling
>Full-time position available 1 October 1997 to assist a multidisciplinary
>group in developing a crop simulation model that integrates phenology,
>development, and physiology for wheat and corn under conditions of
>environmental stress (particularly water, N, and temperature) and different
>soil tillage practices.  The development of phenology, development, and
>physiology submodels, the coupling of these submodels with detailed soil
>and atmospheric submodels, and the creation of a user-friendly interface
>under an existing modular framework are the key components of the work.
> Applicant should have demonstrated research ability and training in crop
>science, crop modeling, interface development, C++ and Fortran 90
>programming languages, and object-oriented design.  Position is for 2
>years, salary commensurate with experience and skills.  To apply, submit
>curriculum vita, copies of university transcripts, and names of three
>references to: Dr. Gary Peterson, Dept. of Soil and Crop Sciences, Colorado
>State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523;
>[log in to unmask] Please Include fax number and e-mail
>address if available.
>If you have questions, please contact Dr. Gary Peterson directly.
>
>Thank you,
>Jon Hanson
>USDA, ARS, GPSR
>P.O. Box E, 301 S. Howes
>Fort Collins, CO 80522
>
>Tele: (970)490-8323
>Fax:  (970)490-8310
>E-mail: [log in to unmask]

Gerrit Hoogenboom
Associate Professor
Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering
The University of Georgia
Griffin, Georgia 30223-1797, USA

Phone:  770-229-3438 (New !)
Fax:    770-228-7218