DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
"P.S.Kashyap" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 10:40:10 +0530
Dear Members

I am using DSSAT 3.5 for peanut crop growth simulation. The root zone of the crop is 60 cm.Presently I have come across one more difficulty regarding water balance as given below.

The detailed water balance output file shows layer wise moisture content and root zone soil water storage. I tried to calculate root zone soil water storage on the basis of simulated layer wise soil moisture content. However, the simulated and calculated soil water storage are not matching. I do not know how DSSAT calculates soil water storage. Please advise in this regard. A truncated view of the output file is given here for your reference.

      Date  SoilWater cm3/cm3 Layerwise

     SW storage
      simulated
     0_5