DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
"Toit, Andres D." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 14:03:22 -0400
For CERES maize maturity is determined with P5
(c:\dssat35\genotype\MZCER9?0.cul file) this represent the cultivar specific
heat units (thermal units) to reach maturity from silking. The base
temperature is 8oC. The colder the temperature the longer it will take to
reach maturity. If their is severe stress the model will simulate maturity.
You can play around with the P5 value to obtain better results, if the
simulation of silking date is in reasonable limits.

On the potato simulations I have no idea.

Hope this help

Regards
Andre