DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Nataraj subash <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nataraj subash <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 17:49:11 -0000
Dear all,

I am little bit confusion about solar radiation measurement.  We
have one automatic weather station of Delta-T make and configured
the logger for hourly recording with every 10 minutes sensing and
taking the average of 6 reading as the mean of that particular
hour.  We are getting solar radiation in Wm-2 units. For one day,
there will be 24 values. For example, for a particular day 2 pm =
1024 Wm-2.   In all models viz., DSSAT, SWAP, SPAW require solar
radiation in KJm-2 per day.   Here problem is that how the point
value of 24 solar radiation values will convert into KJm-2 per
day?  Kindly please help me.  Thank you very much for spending
your valuable time for me.  Have a nice and good day.

Thanking you,

With kind regards,

Sincerely yours,

N. SUBASH
Scientist (Agricultural Meteorology)
ICAR Research Complex for Eastern Region
WALMI Complex,
Phulwari Shariff P.O
PATNA 801 505,
BIHAR