DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
vasiraju murthy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2007 19:26:59 +0530
Dear Victoria and members,

Regards and best wishes,

I shall be grateful if a copy of the reference  "MCMASTER, G.S. & W.W.
WILHELM (1997): Growing degree-days: one equation,two interpretations.
Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 87,
291-300" is attached to any of my E-mail IDs mentioned below.

1. [log in to unmask] and [log in to unmask]

Sincerely,

Murthy.

>From: Victoria Lenz <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: TEMPERATURE TO GDD
>Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 10:48:31 +0200
>
>Dear Misael,
>
>numerous variants on the subject of temperature sums based on linear
>functions are published.
>MCMASTER & WILHELM (1997) point at the need for clear definitions
>regarding the concept of growing degree-days.
>Different methods of calculating growing degree-days implemented in crop
>models can easily
>cause errors when relying on parameters from literature.
>Maybe you would like to look at this article:
>MCMASTER, G.S. & W.W. WILHELM (1997): Growing degree-days: one equation,
>two interpretations. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 87, 291-300.
>
>Greetings from Germany,
>Victoria
>

>Misael Rodriguez Arvizu schrieb:
>>DEAR ALL:
>>

>>FOR CALCULATE GROWING DEGREE DAYS (GDD) IS USED,    /Tmean -Tbase/ BUT
>>I HAVE A DUDE, WHAT IS THE BEST USEFULL MEANS OF DATA IN 24 HOURS OR
>>ONLY TO USE  /(Tmax+ Tmin)/2/
>>

>>ANYBODY HELP ME
>>

>>MISAEL RODRIGUEZ ARVIZU
>>
>>UNIVERSIDAD AUTONOMA AGRARIA ANTONIO NARRO,
>>
>>BUENAVISTA, SALTILLO, COAHUILA, MEXICO.
>>

>--
>Dipl.-Geogr. Victoria Lenz
>
>Universität zu Köln
>Geographisches Institut
>Albertus-Magnus-Platz
>50923 Koeln
>Tel.: +49-(0)221-470-6823
>Fax:  +49-(0)221-470-5124

Career Aptitude Test. Based on the most scientific MBT Test.