DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
"Ines, Amor" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 May 2007 10:48:58 -0500
All:

Watt is a unit of power
Joule is a unit of energy

Power = rate of energy (i.e., Energy/Time)

Apparently 1Watt = 1Joule/sec

1x10^6 Joule is 1 MegaJoule (MJ)

So converting W/m2 to MJ/m2-day is very straight forward... because 1W/m2=1J/s-m2

Hope this one is correct now....

-----
Dr. Amor VM Ines
Dept. of Biological and Agricultural Engineering
Texas A&M University
2117 TAMU 301B Scoates Hall
College Station, TX 77843
Tel: 979-458-4651