DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Jawoo Koo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Nov 2014 06:51:37 -0800
Dear DSSAT User Community in/around Washington DC;

You're all cordially invited to:
*DC DSSAT User Group Meeting!*

   - Date & Time: December 4 (Thursday), 4-6 pm
   - Place: IFPRI (2033 K St. NW, Washington, DC 20006; Click here for
   Google Map <http://goo.gl/xBCwCQ>).

*Background*
During the first week of December, IFPRI will host the 2nd DSSAT
Development Sprint, where many of the development team will get together
and work on the major review/revision of DSSAT's codebase to improve
models, tools, and its handling of new crops and energy/nutrition balances
- as well as to interact with researchers at IFPRI who are increasingly
using DSSAT for modeling the future of global/regional-scale food security,
food policy, and trade issues. While many of the core DSSAT development
team are in town, we thought it'd be also great to organize a community
event.

*Come and Join the Community*
Come and mingle with the fellow DSSAT users in the area and developers -
not only you'll hear from the insiders about what's new and what's coming,
you will also have chances to share how your story (which is the most
interesting part to the developers): how you use DSSAT, what challenges and
questions you might have, and request your wishlist items directly. Pizzas
and drinks will be served. :)

*Tentative Program*
*4:00* | Welcome from the DSSAT Foundation and IFPRI
*4:10* | Who’s in the room? Tell us briefly about who you are, why you're
here, and what's your DSSAT story.
*4:30* | What's new on DSSAT v4.6: Features, Interface, and Inside/Out (and
how to hack it!)
*4:50* | Questions & Answers
*5:00* | Intermission (Pizza & Drinks)
*5:20* | Ignite DSSAT (Series of 5-minute presentations; Send me
<[log in to unmask]> a message with your presentation's title to reserve a
spot in this session)
*6:00* | Closing remarks

*RSVP*
Seating (and food) is limited; please reserve your seat at *Eventbrite*
<http://www.eventbrite.com/e/dc-dssat-user-group-meeting-tickets-14123262057>
 now:
http://www.eventbrite.com/e/dc-dssat-user-group-meeting-tickets-14123262057

Hope to see you all there; let me <[log in to unmask]> know if you have any
questions or suggestions to make the event more useful (and fun!) for the
community.

Best,
Jawoo (on behalf of the DSSAT Foundation)