From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 12 Aug 2009 11:54:08 -0500
Subject:        Map Library Fact Sheet
Date:   Wed, 12 Aug 2009 11:18:48 -0500
From:   Youngblood, Dawn <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>

Hello Map Colleagues

I have been asked to produce a detailed FACT SHEET for the Edwin J. Foscue Map Library and thought it would be nice to look at other fact sheets for map libraries out there. My Google searches on this topic were not as fruitful as I would like, so I was wondering if those who have fact sheets would be willing to either post them to the listserv or send them to me off list.  Comments on how you use fact sheets welcome! I have tended instead to direct people to our web site (www.smu.edu/cul/maps), which is basically an e-fact sheet.  Our director wants something she can hand out, however. I have made a number of hand outs, particularly regarding our GIS services, but not a "detailed fact sheet" per se. I would also like to use this as a bit of a promo opportunity -- have a few sentences on WHY it is important to have a map library. Thoughts on this welcome as well. Thanks!

Dawn Youngblood
Dr. Dawn Youngblood
Curator, Edwin J. Foscue Map Library
Southern Methodist University