DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
dixit prakash <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 May 2002 12:36:53 +0100
 Dear Members,
                     I completed my Master degree (Civil Engg.) in Integrated Water Resources Management from Asian Institute of Technology. I wrote my thesis on the topic "Assessment and Comparison of Three Crop Growth Models Under Tropical Climatic Conditions". I used CERES-Maize of DSSAT3.5, CropSyst and SWACROP for this purpose. If anyone knows about any vacancy for Research Associate or any other related position, please let me know. I will be very thankful to you.
Yours sincerely,
P.N.Dixit
  "J.L Kang" <[log in to unmask]> wrote: Dear members,
I am using DSSAT 3.5 to simulate maize growth.
According to the DSSAT user manual V.2 page 64, detailed simulation
water balance output file.
Header of EPAA is plant transpiration, ETAA is evapotranspiration,
and
EOAA is potential evaporation.

First I try to automatic irrigation and set the threshold up to 99%.
I found that ETAA and EOAA are the same.
I think the EOAA should be potential evapotranspiration.
Am I wrong or right?

Second, I simulate no irrigation.
I also remove the rain fall from the weather data file.
Initial potentially extractable water is 177.5.
When harvest, potentially extractable water is 40.4.
The soil water should be enough.
But I found that EPAA is equal to ETAA at the very last 30 days, .
It means that there is no evaporation then.
Is it reasonable?

Sincerely,
Kang