DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
"White, Jeffrey" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
White, Jeffrey
Date:
Tue, 6 May 2008 12:46:42 -0600
Hi,

For a proposal to establish an iPlant working group that would integrate
databases and modeling at scales from the gene to field, we are being
asked to suggest "Education, Outreach and Training Opportunities." Can
people provide concrete examples of use of crop models in courses that
deal with crop physiology, management or breeding? I have found the
following paper:

Graves, A.R., Hess, T., Matthews, R.B., Stephens, W., Mason, T. (2002)
"Crop simulation models as tools in education" J. Nat. Resour. Life Sci.
Educa. 31: 48-54

But wonder if there are more recent activities we should mention.

Best regards,

Jeff

Jeffrey W. White

USDA ARS, ALARC