DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Gordon Tsuji <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jul 1997 09:39:22 -1000
Aloha Brian:
You've touched on an important concern raised more than a year ago by
Attachai Jintrawet of Chiang Mai University in Thailand.  While we've
focused on the electronic import of data in any format into DSSAT v3, we've
neglected the first step:  collecting and recording data sets in the field.
The forms generated for v2.1, while restrictive to some, provided the field
worker with a form to complete in recording observations and measurements of
the MDS.

I'm presuming current users are using their own data forms or, as you
indicate, using forms for v2.1 and adjusting them to the file X formats.

The forms were useful for instructional and research purposes and as guide
to data collection.  If any of our users have managed to develop forms, it
would be of interest to many.  Can we hear from some of you.

Mahalo,
Gordon