DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Myles Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Myles Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 2008 05:58:44 -0500
Dear Rolf,

Peter Jones at CIAT developed a program called MarkSim, which does just
exactly what you want. You input the monthly data (called climate normal
data) and MarkSim will generate as many years' data as you want (in sets of
99 years, if you want/need more you put in different random number seeds.)

You can also use MarkSim's built in climate surface to generate data for any
place in the tropics with a resolution of 10 arcminutes (~18km at the
Equator). This is a bit coarse for variable terrain, so you can extract the
climate normal data from WorldClim with a resolution of 30 arcseconds (~1 km
at the Equator). WorldClim is a much bigger database of course and hence
needs more bandwidth to download it.

The program is available from CIAT www.ciat.cgiar.org.

Cheers.

Myles Fisher