DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
James Hansen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 11:39:51 -0500
Dear Dharam,

Temperature amplitude in DSSAT is simply 1/2 of the long-term mean
temperature ((mean TMax + mean TMin) / 2) of the warmest month minus the
mean temperature of the coldest month.  The soil temperature submodel
model uses it.  The DSSAT WeatherMan program calculates it automatically
whenever it imports daily weather data.

Dharam Dabas wrote:

> Dear friends,
>
> Thank to Dr Murthy for his response. I wish to restate my question to
> you all so that I get the appropriate reply.
>
> The quantity <Temperature Amplitude> is a Station Data. So it must be
> an attribute of the station. The quantity must be the mean of several
> years for that station.
>
> There can be several temperature amplitudes of the type Dr Murthy has
> defined, diurnal, weekly, monthly or annual swing in the temperture
> values over the period.
>
> My question was which of above quantity is to be used and how to obtain
> or calculate the same.
>
> Dharam Singh Dabas
> CCS Haryana Agricultural University,
> Hisar 125004 India

Regards,
--
Dr. James W. Hansen
Associate Research Scientist - Agricultural Systems

voice:  +1-845-680-4410
fax:    +1-845-680-4864
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
WWW:    http://iri.columbia.edu/cgi-bin/ForOne.cgi?jhansen