AGED-2001-2008-L Archives

Ag Ed 2001 - 2008 Discussion Group

AGED-2001-2008-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Joe Green <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joe Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jun 2007 14:27:36 -0400
Hi Chaney,

There is a handout on our class web site you may want try for that assignment.  You could download it and edit it to fit your needs.

Just go to www.popehorticulture.com ...then click on "handouts", and scroll down to Plant of The Day.

Also, I have a power point template that i've adapted for each tree we study... It follows the Plant of the Day format so students can take notes on each plant reviewed.  Or if you have the Horticopia software program, students can dig out the tree information themselves .... I could give you the template at Savannah if interested.

Also, my daughter brought in a great  little handout she had for her Botany class that gives pretty good specifics requirement for a cool leaf notebook collection... i'll try to round it up if interested.

Joe

Joe C. Green
Horticulture Teacher
Pope High School
770-578-7900, ext. 286
www.popehorticulture.com

>>> Chaney Mosley <[log in to unmask]> 06/21/07 2:00 PM >>>
I am wanting to have my plant science / biotech studnets put together a
dendrology notebook this next year.  I have never done this before and do
not know where to begin.  Rather than reinvent the wheel, I figured I
would ask if anyone already had a "lesson plan" or a "project / assignment
sheet" that you give to your studnets when developing a notebook.  I am
curious as to how you have your students organize it and how many leaves
you require - what information must they include about each leaf?  Any
comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated - an project
assignment sheet would be awesome.  Thanks in advance.

Chaney Mosley,
Temple High School
named recipient(s) only.