AGED-2001-2008-L Archives

Ag Ed 2001 - 2008 Discussion Group

AGED-2001-2008-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
James Corbett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James Corbett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 2004 07:34:27 -0400
Micheal,

I fully understand and appreciate your support of Ellis.  Your example
would be a good one for others who are far away to follow.

THANKS!!!

>>> "Michael L. Bilow" <[log in to unmask]> 08/11/04 3:09 PM >>>
I would really like to come to the benefit meal.  However, a trip to
Valdosta from Elbert County (about 4.5 hours) is not real feasible on a
Thursday evening when school is in session.
I have sent a letter of encouragement with a $25 check yesterday to his
home
address.
Michael L. Bilow

James Corbett wrote:

> We have not had alot of response to this notice about Ellis's benefit.
> Ellis has been johnny-on-the-spot when we needed him on Capitol Hill,
> though.  He hasn't minded helping us at all.  I think it is time to
> return the favor.

> One item that I would like to add to this is for folks not familiar
with
> Valdosta:  Exit 18 on I-75, head east.  Ole Times is on the left
across
> from LHS.
>
> > You are invited to attend a benefit for Representative Ellis Black
on
> > Thursday, August 12th at 7 PM.  The dutch dinner will be held at Ole
> > Times Country Buffet, 1193 N. St. Augustine Road in Valdosta,
> > 229.253.1600.  Ole Times is located across the street from Lowndes
> High
> > School and is near the Valdosta Mall.
> >
> > Representative Black has been an outspoken advocate for agriculture
> > education on Capitol Hill.  He has also worked to help the UGA
College