DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Gerrit Hoogenboom <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 2008 06:56:41 -0400
Mike Robertson, Graham Russell and I are organizing Session B3 (Modeling
cropping systems) for the AgSAP conference that will be held March
10-12, 2009 in the Netherlands. The web site for the conference is:
http://www.conference-agsap.org/ and the web page that describes this
session is: http://www.conference-agsap.org/session_B3.htm

The session will focus on cropping system models for practical uses at
different scales for different purposes. We are contacting you to ask
you and/or others in your group to submit an abstract for this session.
In addition to the information in the session description on the web
site, we have listed a few ideas for topics that we would like to see
presented in the conference.

1. Advances in model structure and programming methods
2. Modeling cropping system processes and their interactions
3. Advances in parameterizing cropping system models
4. Dealing with uncertainty in cropping system models,
including stochastic vs. deterministic modeling methods.
5. How comprehensive should cropping system models be?
6. Modeling cropping systems for applications at different
time and space scales
7. Modeling cropping systems to address complexities of
contemporary issued faced by society (like bio energy, climate change,
environmental services, etc.)
8. Representing agricultural management in cropping system models

We encourage you to submit abstracts to the conference organizers, not
to one of us - see web site http://www.conference-agsap.org/ We hope
that you will attend the conference and look forward to seeing you there.

Jim Jones

James W. Jones
Distinguished Professor
Agricultural & Biological Engineering Department
University of Florida
Gainesville, Florida   32611
Tele:     (352) 392-1864 ext 289
Fax:      (352) 392-4092