DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
vasiraju murthy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
vasiraju murthy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Mar 2011 09:51:41 +0530
Dear Dr.Kyungsuk,

Regards and best wishes,

 am answering your question partially.Even though these days i am not
using DSSAT software i am very much sure the information that you asked is available.However, the following theoretical information may be useful to
you .This paragraph is taken from my book"Basic principles of Agricultural Meteorology".
Sincerely,
Murthy.

Cardinal temperatures

There are three points of temperature which influence the growth of
crop plants. These are termed as "cardinal points" and the synonymous
term is `car­dinal temperature’.

1       A minimum temperature
below which growth ceases (minimum cardinal temperature).

2       An optimum temperature
at which the plant growth  proceeds with
greatest rapidly (optimum cardinal temperature).

3       A maximum temperature
above which plant growth ceases (maximum cardinal temperature).

Table 3.1. Cardinal temperature for different crops.

   S.No.

  Crop

  Min. Cardinal
  temp. oC