DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
dixit prakash <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 20:36:21 +0000
 Dear sir,
             I am using DSSAT .My problem is that when I run maize model then simulation stops with the message file not found   Create input file
File IT.SOL   Line 0      Error Key IPSOIL.
here my soil file name is IT00990001. However if I choose another soil file(THUL990033) then simulation runs without any problem it means File X is correct. I have checked (and put same file name) soil file name in file X and soil.sol so many times but it doesn't run .I even created a soil file by manual input soil data so as to avoid any formatting error even that is also not working and same message is displayed. Before I ran one data set with a soil file THUL990033 without any problem so if I change soil file to THUL990033 then my simulation is running but it doesn't run with any other soil file name which are already in soil directory of DSSAT except THUL990033. I used many soil files already existing in soil.sol which i got with the model but they are also not working and the I madeTHUL990033 in soil.sol by just copying to another file and putting new values in the same format . there is no format error as far as I think as I have created a new file by manual input data and I changed the soil file name in file X but again same message. I also used key F9 everytime to ramake list. Can anyone please suggest me some possible solution as early as possible.
Yours,
Prakash N.Dixit