AGED-2001-2008-L Archives

Ag Ed 2001 - 2008 Discussion Group

AGED-2001-2008-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Shannon Mayo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Shannon Mayo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Nov 2005 06:51:33 -0800
Dear Teachers,

As you all know we are in our last week of tickets sales. I have talked to many of you about exactly what you should do to properly end the program. I am listing the checklist below so  everyone  can check to see that they  have completed every final step. If you have any questions or need any form to complete this process for your chapter, please call me.

I encourage you to please visit your dealership to let them know final results and extend another appreciation for allowing you to participate in this program.

* Please send me a number of your final ticket sales. I'm very interested to see how we did and it will be awhile before I hear results from home office because of the massive job it is to count and process so many tickets from around the country.

CHECK-LIST

1. Tickets sales end on November 7th.

2. Have tickets turned in to our office no later than November 17th. I suggest sending them in sooner than later to be sure not to get them in late.

3. Bundle your sold tickets in groups of 100 with a rubber band.

4. Fill out your ticket accounting form (if you don't have one-call me and I will email to you).

5. Turn in your tickets and completed accounting form to Hometown FFA Scholarship Program, 6750 West Loop South, Suite #500, Bellaire, TX 77401

6. Do no send in any money or any unsold tickets.

7. Visit your dealership to update them on final program success.

8. Fill out the final post press release and submit it to your local paper. The is part of the program and I encourage each of you to do this. The dealership will be very pleased you let the community know how well the program did.

8. Have your students during class spend 10 minutes writing a thank you card to you local dealership. Most dealerships have bulletin boards to showcase cards and letters. You can purchase cards from the Dollar Tree for or just have your students write a letter.

9. Send your dealership a Christmas card or winter plant.

10. Invite your dealership to your spring banquet to present an award or to be inducted into honorary membership.

I will be contacting everyone once the truck winner is announced.

I will let you know when the Foundation plans on invoicing you for every $1 owed back from your ticket sales.

I have enjoyed working with each of you during this program. I hope your chapter had found this program rewarding as it was very rewarding to me to help lead your chapter in success in the FFA/Hometown Scholarship Program. Please let me if there is anything I can do for you.

Thanks for a great year!!!!

Shannon

Shannon Mayo
FFA Hometown Scholarship Program