AGED-2001-2008-L Archives

Ag Ed 2001 - 2008 Discussion Group

AGED-2001-2008-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Teri Hamlin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 14 Feb 2006 04:53:10 -0500
Wonderful FFA Community Project

Once again this year, GGIA is helping out on the Clark Howard Habitat for
Humanity project in Atlanta.  There will be 4 homes completed this year.
Initially, we had expected to landscape 5 homes, but one is not being
completed at this time.  Consequently, the landscaping will be completed on
all 4 homes during one weekend rather than over 2 weekends as initially
planned.  The landscape plan has changed with all of the changes in the
number of homes, etc, and we just received the final plan on Friday of last
week.  We apologize for the delay in getting out this information.

The landscape installation will take place on Saturday, February 25.  We
will need as many as 30 volunteers to help with the project and we need 2
people to supervise.

CAN YOU HELP?  If so, return a reply to Teri Hamlin to be added to the
volunteer list.

We are hoping that we can work with Clark Howard to promote landscaping as
a viable professional industry rather than a "go with the lowest price
estimate" that is often portrayed during his radio show.  We made some
headway last year and will continue to work with Habitat and Clark to get
out this message while providing a valuable community service.