AGED-2001-2008-L Archives

Ag Ed 2001 - 2008 Discussion Group

AGED-2001-2008-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
James Corbett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James Corbett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2007 08:31:12 -0500
I am planning to attend the 4/12 meeting in Macon.  If anyone near my
area would like to ride with me, please let me know.

thanks,

James Corbett, Ed.D.
Agriculture Teacher and FFA Advisor
Lowndes High School
1112 N. St. Augustine Road
Valdosta, GA  31601
229.245.2252

FFA MISSION:
FFA makes a positive difference in the lives of students by developing
their potential for premier leadership, personal growth and career
success through agricultural education.

AGRICULTURAL EDUCATION MISSION:
Agricultural Education prepares students for successful careers and a
lifetime of informed choices in the global agriculture, food, fiber, and
natural resources systems.
>>> Frank Flanders <[log in to unmask]> 02/27/07 11:27 AM >>>
Agriscience Teachers please reply. So that we can get a better idea of
how
many will attend, would you please send me an email if you plan to offer
the
Agriscience Pathway and will be registering for the workshop?
Please read details below:
Please note that this message applies specifically to those teachers who
will be teaching the three agriscience courses required in the
Agriscience
Pathway. There will be 5 other pathway workshops offered later
(Forestry,
Plant Sci/Hort, Animal Sci, Ag Mech, and Agribusiness). Each of you
should
be thinking about which pathway(s) will fit the needs of your students
best.
Many of you have already begun discussion with your administrators, or
even
established pathways for your program.

The DOE Rollout of the Agriscience GPS/Pathway/Curriculum will be on
April
10, 11 and 12. We plan to hold the workshops at the Educational
Technology
Training Centers (ETTC) located on the UGA (Athens) campus (Ap 10), at
Macon
State College on April 12 and at the Heart of Georgia RESA in Eastman on
April 11. Your vocational administrator will soon be receiving
information
about these meetings. IF you will be offering this pathway at your
school
you will be asked to register for one of the Roll Out Workshops --
either
April 10, 11, and 12. You will be registering through the CTAENR,
formerly
known as GVSDC.

The workshops are limited to 25 Ag teachers each. We have estimated that
about 75 teachers in Georgia will offer the Agriscience Pathway (a
series of
three courses - Basic Agriscience and Technology, Plant Sci and Biotech
and
Animal Sci and Biotech). If you plan to offer just one of the
agriscience
courses and not the full pathway, we ask that you wait until later when
workshop on the pathway that you do offer is conducted. We also ask that
only teachers attend. Some administrators have asked to attend but we
have
to reserve all the spaces for classroom Ag teachers. The ETTC labs have
limited number of computers, so our maximum number is 25 per session. If
the
three sessions fill to overflowing we will offer other sessions. There
will
be other opportunities for administrators and Ag teachers who are just
interested in learning about the process.

Your vocational administrator will have more information soon on
registration along with details.

--
Frank B. Flanders, EdD
Agricultural Education