AGED-2001-2008-L Archives

Ag Ed 2001 - 2008 Discussion Group

AGED-2001-2008-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Frank Flanders <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Frank Flanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 09:44:22 -0500
My brother-in-law asked me the other day about holes all over his
yard - see attached photos. They were 4-6 inches apart and 6
inches deep. I told him I did not know what dug the holes but I know
what they were digging for - white grubs. We dug down 6 inches and
found grubs. The holes completely covered his yard and had done a
lot of damage to the grass, although the free aeration job and bio-
control of the grubs was probably overall beneficial. A second
brother-in-law living next door said he did not have the digging
problem - but he has a dog. That night my brother-in-law got up
during the night and saw a skunk digging the holes! There seems be
a good crop of skunks this year, especially in the Athens to
Habersham area.

I am sending this to you in case you have a question or otherwise
run into the same situation.

--
Frank B. Flanders, EdD
Agricultural Education

The following section of this message contains a file attachment prepared for transmission using the Internet MIME message format. If you are using Pegasus Mail, or any another MIME-compliant system, you should be able to save it or view it from within your mailer. If you cannot, please ask your system administrator for assistance.    ---- File information -----------      File: _Skunk hole showing grub27.jpg      Date: 14 Feb 2003, 9:43      Size: 50445 bytes.      Type: JPEG-image
The following section of this message contains a file attachment prepared for transmission using the Internet MIME message format. If you are using Pegasus Mail, or any another MIME-compliant system, you should be able to save it or view it from within your mailer. If you cannot, please ask your system administrator for assistance.    ---- File information -----------      File: _Skunk Hole 24.jpg      Date: 14 Feb 2003, 9:42      Size: 68563 bytes.      Type: JPEG-image