DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Richard Ogoshi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 17:00:28 -1000
Hello Albert,
   Aloha!
   I don't have any data collection sheets, but for the kind of data you
will need to calibrate the models you may want to revisit the manuals. In
DSSAT version 3 volume 4, pages 179 to 199, Dr. Boote discusses some
concepts in calibrating the model to measured crop data. On pages 201 to
207, Dr. Boote discusses what data to collect. On pages 209 to 213, Dr.
Boote discusses how to collect the data. On pages 215 to 286, there are
detailed instructions on how to collect the crop data.
   All crop data recorded from samplings before the final harvest are put
into file T. In file T, the data are placed under appropriate headers that
may include:
CWAD = tops weight (kg dry matter / ha)
GWAD = grain weight (kg dry matter / ha)
LAID = leaf area index
LWAD = leaf weight (kg dry matter / ha)
SLAD = specific leaf area (cm2 / g)
SWAD = stem weight (kg dry matter / ha)
Dr. Boote discusses three levels of model evaluation that vary in the
amount of data that is collected (see DSSAT version 3 volume 4, pages 205
to 206). You will need to decide which is the appropriate amount of data
for your needs. Please see DSSAT version 3 volume 2, page 88, for more
headers and data that can be included in file T.
   A data sheet that can help you collect the data may look like this:

Date    CWAD    GWAD    LAID    SLAD    SWAD
xxxx    aa.aa       bb.bb     cc.cc    dd.dd    ee.ee
xxxx    aa.aa       bb.bb     cc.cc    dd.dd    ee.ee
xxxx    aa.aa       bb.bb     cc.cc    dd.dd    ee.ee
xxxx    aa.aa       bb.bb     cc.cc    dd.dd    ee.ee

   Other data needed for calibration include soil (see screen 27 in DSSAT
version 3 volume 1 page 63), weather (DSSAT version 3 volume 2, pages 41 to
43), management (DSSAT version 3 volume 1, pages 129 to 138; DSSAT version
3 volume 2, pages 116 to 119) and initial conditions (DSSAT version 3,
volume 1, pages134 to 136).
   I hope this helps.
Sincerely,
Richard