DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
richard muyungi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 3 Jul 1996 16:38:29 +0000
I'm  Trying to model the impact of climate change on maize production
in the Southern Highlands of Tanzania  (8.55S and 33.31 E)using DSSAT3 (as my MSc.
dissertation topic).
I'm using a cultivar H6302; which is a hybrid variety mainly growm in
that area.It is a high altitude variety (around 1500m plus) yielding
about 6tons/ha (on experimental plots).The rainfall in the area is
about 900mm annually and the max.and min. temperature are around 25
and 15 degrees Celcius respectively. Unfortunaterly I do not have the
details of its genetic coefficients: ECO#; P1; P2; P5; G2; G3; and PHNT as they are defined
in the DSSAT3  guiding  mannual vol.2 pg 201.
Can any body please assist me in defining these variables for this
cultivr; or can anybody suggest a cultivar within dssat3 which has
similar variables and can be used in case I dont get the right
information!.
Please assist

Richard